On Tuesday, Steph and I went in for our first official pregnancy appointment. To my disappointment, we were not able to hear the baby's heartbeat. We basically just were able to get some simple information about what to expect as far as future appointments; and the doctor let us know that we need to do some basic blood tests for Stephanie--all very basic stuff. (On a side note: It was extremely sad to Steph and I that part of why they encourage these tests--for things like Down's Syndrome or cystic fibrosis--early on in the pregnancy is so that people could "choose to not continue with the pregnancy" as an option...How horrible!)
Well, during the brief examination of Steph, the doctor told her that she wants her to come in for an ultrasound on Monday! The reason? She thinks that she seems like she is further along than we had previously thought, so she wants to check to make sure. Another possibility some have suggested is that maybe it is twins. I've jokingly mentioned the possibility of twins, but how awesome would that be?! God is certainly in control of this pregnancy--whether we're two months along or three, whether there's one baby or two (or more), and whether the baby is healthy or sick. We will keep praising Him and turning all things over to Him throughout the course of these next six or seven months.
Thank you for your continued prayers. We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible during the holidays!
2 comments:
Marc! Congrats to you and Steph on the baby!! I'll be praying for you all!
Hey Marc and Stephanie,
This is Grandma G up north in Noblesville. I was just reading your blog. Congrats to both of you, expecting your first child, or did you find out if you are having twins?????? WOW, that would be exciting! But one at a time is very good too.
Where do I click on your blog if I want to make a comment? I guess I am doing it now, but I really wasn't sure what to do.
Have you found out if your having twins yet? When will you find out?
Grandma G.
Post a Comment