Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy 5 Months!

Caleb is really changing literally every day. :) Two new things this week: eating his feet and putting his butt in the air while on his belly. He's also raising on his arms a LOT better...he'll be mobile before we know it...AHHHH! Caleb has officially stopped nursing late at night, so I have had to grieve that for lack of a better word. Since he had stopped nursing during the day, I could always count on that 10 o'clock feeding, but not anymore. It's actually a good thing even though I'm sad he's done nursing...I can go to bed earlier if I want to! :) I am still very thankful he is getting my milk through bottles during this flu season.

I finished My Sister's Keeper yesterday, and there was this great quote about having kids. I have felt great conviction lately about how attached I am getting to Caleb. OF COURSE, God wants us to love our kids, but just like all earthly things, we must realize that everything we have is God's. He can give and take away! So, while this isn't Scripture, it was enlightening for me:

"I realize then that we never HAVE children, we RECEIVE them. And sometimes it's not for quite as long as we would have expected or hoped. But it is still far better than never having had those children at all."

Here are some semi-recent videos of our little guy!




2 comments:

WILMA GOODWIN said...

CALEB,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY! YOU ARE 5 MONTHS OLD NOW LITTLE GUY.

I LOVE THE VIDEO'S YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY SEND MY WAY.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, NEXT MONTH YOU WILL CRAWLING AND DOING ALL SORTS OF THINGS LIKE CUTTING TEETH, SMILING REALLY BIG TIME. 6 MONTH OLD ARE LOTS OF FUN.

YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY HAVE A LOT TO LOOK FORWARD TO ON DECEMBER 12,2009

SWEET DREAMS LITTLE CALEB. I LOVE YOUR SMILE AND LAUGHTER.

WE LOVE YOU,

GREAT-GRANDMA & GREAT GRANDPA GOODWIN

maybe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.