Monday, May 19, 2008

Our new home

This past weekend, we went to Beavercreek to do a few things: meet with Pastor John to start talking about this summer's activities and what we need to do to prepare for those, sign a lease for our apartment, show our parents around the town, and get our cell phones set up. The meeting with John was really encouraging and exciting. I can actually do ministry full time and am thrilled to start! The apartment is awesome! It is a beautiful place to live--with a view of the golf course off our back deck :) We are so thankful for it. It was a great time to spend with our families too. They are a great support and encouragement to us in times like this. They loved the area and were really excited for us to start this new phase of our lives there--even though we're two hours away still :) Finally, getting cell phones was an exciting time. Stephanie and I will both have cell phones now (thanks to the Barbishes for getting us on their Verizon plan and making it more affordable). And I'm entering the world of texting. Being a youth minister now, I got unlimited texting on my phone :) So text away people. If you want our numbers let us know.
Here are some links to some things you might want to check out:
Click here for our apartment complex
Click here for the Greene--a nearby outdoor shopping mall...cool as heck.
Click here for our new town's website

No comments: