Enough of these serious entries, Marcus. :) I love my husband and how deep he is! He really challenges me to think about life and God. However, I want to share something silly tonight. God has really grown my passion for music lately. I ADORE IT. It can be as serious as a worship song to as light-hearted as a musical. I also have enjoyed listening to soundtrack instrumental music. Something about it moves me to tears at times. I just love music, and I hope to pass that love on to my kids one day. I browsed on You Tube and found some of my recent favorites. :)
First, this song has really spoken to me lately as I face the daily challenge of trusting God with EVERYTHING. It's not the big things, like not knowing if Marc can find a job, that get to me. It's the daily things. This clip is just the song and lyrics:
Next, a guy we enjoyed seeing play in Muncie in college named Jon McLaughlin has experienced a lot of success this year. It's been so neat to see him go from playing in small coffee shops to now the Oscars! Marc and I both really enjoyed the movie Enchanted. We had no idea he sang the song at the end! You Tube used to have a video with him singing it at the Oscars. Not anymore...so here is the movie clip. This part of the movie gives you chills!
Another great movie...August Rush! This is a clip called "Dueling Guitars."
Finally, a musical I just discovered...gasp! It's a more modern version of the Wizard of Oz and called The Wiz. Here's my favorite song called, "Ease on Down the Road." Yes, the scarecrow is Michael Jackson and Dorothy is Diana Ross. :) My 4th graders watched this and loved it. I'm trying to show them the value of filling their minds with wholesome television. Some of them watch Jerry Springer!
I'm impressed if you watched all of those. =) Hope they cheered you up!
Stephanie
1 comment:
I love my wife! It's fun to see you get excited about music. God's definitely given you a passion for it :)
Post a Comment