Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. Not Me! Monday was inspired by her desire for women to share imperfections and moments we want to forget without feeling shame, all while having a little fun. :) Last week was all goofy, but this week my post will be more serious.
How precious is this kid?

He looks happy and healthy, right? Well, I must tell you, I do NOT worry about him being in the 5th percentile. I do NOT fall into the habit of mentally keeping track of what he eats during the day. I do NOT compare him to other kids his age. Ha...I wish that was the truth sometimes. :)
However, thanks to all these things I do NOT do, I am daily forced to be dependent on the Lord. Scripture says in Psalm 139:
13For you(P) formed my inward parts;
you(Q) knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
14I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a](R) Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15(S) My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in(T) the depths of the earth.
16Your eyes saw my unformed substance;in your(U) book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
Nothing I do or don't do will change the plan that God has for my sweet Caleb. God has numbered his days and has made him the way he was supposed to be...a little string bean! Another piece of Scripture from Matthew 6:
27And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his(AT) span of life?[g] 28
Worrying adds NOTHING to my life or Caleb's life.
In addition, I need to be careful where I get my peace from. Lysa TerKeurst, author of the GREAT book I'm reading called The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained, says, "Where this peace starts to slip is when I try and figure God out. I try to reason my way into the peace rather than praying and making the choice to stop all my toil and wondering and leave them in God's hands. Accept each step God puts before me as my temporary assignment, fulfill that part of it, and leave the rest with Him."
I am NOT an analyzer. I do NOT try to talk myself out of certain thoughts by saying things like, "I shouldn't compare him to other babies. He'll tell me when he's hungry. He is growing at his own rate." Yes, that is all true, but I am trying to reason my way into peace rather than simply give it to the Lord and meditate on His truth, not my own.
My prayer is that everyone that reads this, as silly as the premise of Not Me! may be, will seriously consider areas of their lives that are not submitted to the Lord. I am so thankful that God is revealing my control issues to me, as hard as they are to swallow. Let this be my prayer and yours:
Psalm 139
23Search me, O God, and know my heart!
(AG) Try me and know my thoughts![c]
24And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and(AH) lead me in(AI) the way everlasting![d]
I am NOT a control freak. :)
3 comments:
I 'found' your blog today and enjoyed your post! Your son is adorable!!
I understand you completely as my son was initially in the lowest 1 percentile and has not actually been on the chart at all for the last 2 1/2 years. I was worried at first, and still get concerned from time to time, but he is a totally healthy almost 4 year old and must just have my genes (I'm only 4'10"). He also eats tons but burns his energy fast. I appreciated the scripture you shared - God has created our babies and knows the future he has for them. Just visiting from MckMama. :)
Thanks ladies! Pleasure to "meet" you. :)
Post a Comment